Welcome back to my blog! I was nominated by The Cat With A Book for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Thank you for nominating me. Apologies for the late response!
Before I begin, I guess you want to know what the Sunshine Blogger Award is. The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive, and inspiring, while spreading sunshine to the blogging community. How does it work?
• Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
• Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
• Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
• List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
1. What do you love most about blogging?
The ease of connectivity and comfort. It has helped me connect with book lovers from around the globe. Look here, I have been nominated by a fellow book blogger because we share the craze for books! Moreover, blogging is one platform which has helped me gain a recognition for my book more than any other marketing gimmick.
2. What’s your story behind your blog name?
I wanted to have an amalgamation of varied topics. Books and babies being prominent found a respectable place in the name. Although I have blogged more about books, I plan to start rewriting the parenting and booze categories also.
3. What’s one of your favorite quotes?
This one is from my novel, Beyond The Veil-The Journey Of An Indian Girl,
And there are many from Harry Potter but one that is closer to my heart from Sophie Kinsella’s Undomestic Goddess, “If I’ve learned one lesson from all that’s happened to me, it’s that there is no such thing as the biggest mistake of your existence. There’s no such thing as ruining your life. Life’s a pretty resilient thing, it turns out.”
4. Which book/series makes you happy?
Harry Potter. It may sound cliché but post my father’s demise, which was only recently, I got back my sanity when I started believing in the magic created by JKR. She made me believe in myself, I began reliving my life for my daughter and mother, I penned a nove, it was some magic that I started looking at life in a positive manner. I don’t know how I would have survived otherwise. But if that isn’t magic then what is?
5. What distracts you most from reading?
I have a lovely distraction, my 15-month-old daughter. I immediately let go off a book if I see that she is demanding my attention.
6. What is your favorite genre to read?
Fantasy and romance any day.
7. Any favorite type of music you listen to while reading?
Not really. I like solitude while I read.
8. Who is your favorite fictional character so far?
I would have said Janhvi Desai who is created by me and who helped me channelize my emotions but Janhvi wouldn’t have been possible without JKR’s magic. I love Hermoine. Her thoughts have influenced me. There’s a bit of Hermoine in all of us, I believe.
9. Are there any movie adaptations you prefer more than the book?
Not really. I like reading the book even if I have watched the movie. But there’s one movie, although I am yet to read the book, but that movie just melted my heart – The Book Thief.
10. Which author would you ask to write your biography?
Danielle Steel. No writes general fiction better than her. And my life is quite similar to a film and yet very common.
11. If your life, as it is up to this point, was made into a film what song would be playing during the end credits?
My Immortal by Evanescence.
That is it! What a good sets of questions! Now, for my nominees. Drum roll please… I nominate:
There you go! And to my lovely nominees, I would like you to answer the following questions.
1. What was your motive behind starting this blog?
2. Help us understand the name of your blog.
3. What’s the best comment received so far?
4. How has your blog helped you in real life?
5. What is one song you would want to associate with your blog?
6. What type of emoticon will you be forever?
7. Which author do you think should write your autobiography?
8. Which is your favorite author and why?
9. Which book series makes you happy?
10. Name a book you have read umpteenth times.
11. Which is that one quote which keeps you going in the tough times?
Looking forward to seeing your blogs filled with sunshine and love.
That is it! Thank you so much again for the nomination The Cat With A Book I really appreciate it.
And I would take this opportunity to thank you dear reader for reading, commenting and following my blog. It is such an honor to be part of such a warm and welcoming community.