1. Why did you pick poetry as a means of conveying your feelings?
Poetry satisfies my soul, it fills me up with emotions, and it is a way to let all the feelings out of my head. I could not have chosen something else at all.
2. Do you plan to write a fictional book in future?
No as of now, I plan of sticking to poetries and reading more poets to get the finer nuances of writing poetries.
3. How many years were you working to bring out your first poetry collection?
It took me 10 years to collate approx 150+ poems out of which around 50 were chosen for the book.
4. Which poets or authors you worship?
I dont worship anyone to be frank, but i take my inspiration from Ghalib, Faiz, Mir Taqi Mir, Firaq Ludhianvi etc and newer age poets too like Rahat Indori, Gulzar, Javed Akhtar.
5. Which author would you like to take for dinner date?
I wouldnt call it a date technically but yeah if I had to sit with someone and exchange ideas, it can be none other than Ghalib.
6. Do you have a specific writing schedule?
I go with the flow, having a specific writing schedule blocks the mind in my perspecitve, so if I have some thoughts I pick up my pen and start writing to see if it makes sense and follow up accordingly.
7. If you weren’t a poet you would be…
8. What does poetry mean to you?
It’s a beautiful way to express what you feel, inanimate way of telling animated things and a crossover between what is real and what is concocted.
9. Name 5 classic poetry books that every poetry lover should read.
Diwan-e-ghalib by Ghalib, poems by Faiz, Madhushala by Harivansh Rai Bachchan, Ghazal-i-Mir by Mir Taqi Mir are what I can remember of.
10. Did you face any hurdles while to get your work published?
Absolutely not, although the covid-19 pandemic caused a delay due to which the hard copies were delayed, but the ebook was released on time and got a fairly good response from everyone.
To buy the book, pls click – https://amzn.to/3mhqoVr